MORE THAN – the direct-to-consumer brand of RSA Insurance – have completely relaunched their home insurance business, with a new consolidated home product and improved customer experience, underpinned by a modern, scalable platform that supports future growth.
RSA’s capabilities were augmented through partnerships with cloud-native ICE InsureTech and Deloitte. Through cross-collaboration, the teams achieved rapid deployment of the platform, which provides agility to support ongoing business innovation and growth.
Following ICE being selected as MORE THAN’s technology partner, the project began in early 2023, when both parties agreed the following key priorities ahead of the planned Q3 2023 go-live date:
- A Platform for Growth – MORE THAN required a modern, scalable solution that could be upgraded, configured and extended with the goal of rapidly relaunching the new home insurance business alongside migrating existing customers at renewal. The ICE InsureTech platform provided the building blocks to:
- Rapidly introduce modular products available through direct and aggregator channels
- Integrate easily with their IT ecosystem and leverage ICE’s eco-partners
- Enable better security, availability and resilience whilst reducing operating costs
- Transforming the Customer Experience – MORE THAN sought a digital policy lifecycle which enables full self-service and supports new Consumer Duty regulations:
- Improved customer experience through new digital touchpoints
- Streamlines MORE THAN’s product offerings for customers
- Enables the customer to manage their policy and documents online with an account
With the platform live, MORE THAN launched its new home insurance proposition in nine months, and now has a modern and highly configurable platform that aligns to their strategic ambitions, delivers cost savings and significantly improves customer experience.
Ronan Buckley, Personal Lines Delivery Director at RSA: “We went through a rigorous selection process and at each point ICE impressed us with their capability and willingness to make a success of the project. RSA has undergone many Policy Administration transformations and the team ethos across many parties made this the fastest successful implementation of a Policy system in RSA by some margin. This is a great example of how we can work together to achieve a desired outcome and I would like to thank ICE, Deloitte, Baringa and Wipro for all their support to get us live and enhancing our offering to our customers.”
Lynette Slater, Client Services Director at ICE: “This accelerated implementation delivered by MORE THAN, ICE InsureTech and Deloitte demonstrates the art of the possible – a Tier 1 Insurer implementation in under a year. We have achieved a strong delivery in a timeframe not seen by MORE THAN’s competitors reimagining the way insurers transform, whilst cementing a strong partnership.”
Mark Patterson, Partner and General Insurance Leader at Deloitte UK: “We were thrilled to support RSA with challenging the norm of lengthy and costly core systems implementations. This implementation was Deloitte’s third successful ICE implementation and will provide RSA with a scalable, flexible, digital platform to drive profitable growth and deliver RSA’s award-winning customer service.
The ICE Suite is a truly scalable and flexible platform that empowers a rate of change for insurers we haven’t seen before. The success of the project is due to the on the ground collaboration from delivery leaders across all parties.”
Kindertons transforms operations with new launches powered by Acturis & ICE InsureTech, both integral companies in the Acturis Group.
Theo Duchen, Co-CEO and Co-Founder of Acturis Group, details the success of ICE InsureTech following the Acturis acquisition in 2017 and the strong partnership between the companies.
Our approach to mentorship is holistic, focusing on the growth of individuals and the enrichment of our teams.