As a Java Developer you will support, develop and maintain an enterprise class web application architected using Java, Spring and Hibernate with a rich user interface written in Java using GWT.
Educated to degree level or equivalent commercial experience, the Java Developer must have a minimum of two years of commercial Java experience. Candidates with Spring and Hibernate exposure will be an advantage although it isn’t essential. Experience developing Insurance software applications would also be a bonus.
As an experienced Java Developer, you will be working in an environment that consists of the following: Java 1.8, Spring 4.x (DI, Tx, Security, Batch, MVC), Hibernate 5.x, Activiti, GWT, Gin, Camel, CFX, Quartz, Fuse ESB, Maven, TestNG, Mockito, DbUnit.
You will use the Atlassian development suite; Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Bitbucket.
Candidates must possess excellent communications skills and be prepared to voice their opinion during team discussions etc. The team is expanding rapidly due to the continued success of the business and offers a friendly working environment with excellent benefits and a starting salary in the region of £30,000 to £50,000 depending on experience.
Based in Camberley, Surrey or Wroclaw, Poland. ICE are now operating a hybrid model, with two working days expected to be in the office per week.
- Efficient design of enterprise quality software, using established design patterns
- Proactive involvement in code reviews, testing and bug fixing
- Continuous improvement of existing code base
- BSc Computer Science or similar degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong Java, web application and XML experience
- Experience with MSSQL, MySQL, or other similar relational database
- Past success in web application development
- Experience in applications of a creative or interactive nature preferred
- Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Experience with Maven and Continuous Integration platforms
- Proficient in TDD principles and understands the importance of test coverage
- Experience of Linux administration
- Previous exposure to Cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services
- Conscientious, yet confident in own abilities
- Familiarity with MacOS
How to Apply
Please send CV by contacting us below referring to the Java Developer role.